BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

MOTOWN CELEBRATES 50 YEARS TODAY!

One of the world's most important and iconic record labels, Motown, celebrates its 50th birthday today (January 12).The Detroit label - home to Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes and The Jackson 5, among many others - was founded by record producer Berry Gordy on January 12, 1959. For the rest of this article check out http://www.nme.com/ that is where I found all these fly pics. The irony of this post is the fact that I didn't even know that today was Motown's bday until I was websurfing...what makes it funny is the fact that I had beeen thinking about music all day and I was actually watching some old videos of Marvin Gaye........


While reading this article I stumbled across a pic...and Diana Ross was a DIME back in the day....she was just chililn in this pic and was still lookin right!!! lol The Supremes had it on lock and are forever a face of Mowtown...These pics are just from the beggining too...I could never forget one of my all time favorite groups....Boys II Men they def had the game on lock for a GREAT portion of the 90's...what's poppin about seeing the shifts over the decade is recognizing one thing that remains CONTSTANT the GRIND!!!!!!.....I can't wait to see how it feels year down the line and people note and respect the GRIND of DUKE and all those around me!!!!

With all this thinking about Motown it brought back another memory...a rare one about my uhh...u know that guy I believe people call a Father? lol Iono mine is a deadbeat but there is ONE occassion when he did something....when I was like 7 or 8 (can't remember) he brought me to the Motown Cafe in NY...with that being anything this loser has ever done for me....it can be deemed significant not only becuase I acknowledge and remember it but also because of the tone it set in my life....Sitting here years later I see the GRIND of Motown,and any other artists that has made, in a totally different dimension!! Anyways lets see how it works out for me.......
Peep this video...Motown clearly had a multiple upon multiple bangers......watch this....





0 comments: