BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

DOPE!...AMERICA, AMERICA GOD SHED HIS GRACE ON THEE:

"I will refine them and test them" Jeremiah 9:7---->As we are being tested during these times to make a CHANGE that will benefit us all...we cant forget all that came before us and all we've seen no matter how young or old....if you can read this post and understand what I'm saying then..u've seen some ish to put it lightly...I never realized the essense of the song "America the Beautiful" until just a lil while ago when I was watchin Queen B.Carter go all the way HAM singing it @ the "We Are One Inaugural Celebration." I always looked @ the song as the opening song for the day during my Catholic elementary school days....now sitting back and recollecting on what those words mean only helps me to build a stronger bond with my country....because for so long I felt disconnected and although I'm new in the whole political thing I still feel some type of link or association to what's going on in our nation...not to mention it had to be like this because A. The President is Black, B. BUSH is GONE! no offense to any Joe 6-packs & Soccer moms reading right now.....
I thought that reality set in the day after our Victory...but it becomes REALER like all the way real as each day goes by....we are seeing something our ansectors and grandparents and many before us thought they'd never live to see...or would give their life (Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcom X) to see it.....
With that being said I'm gonna post this poem I wrote on the morning of election day way before polls had even closed, there was no classes that day Jocey came thru it was Shawna's B-day and we were celebrating the win that we KNEW was going to happen. Cobes, Tim,Cliff, Joce, Shawna & I all went to the Japanese Steakhouse...These were the people I was with when we was watching the TV smacked hearing the results and I can NEVER forget them or what we all witnessed simotaniously. We saw he won VA everybody ran outside the HARBORS was REDICULOUS came back in the crib 2 minutes later "CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT ELECT BARAK OBAMA" Was on TV and it was just utter mayhem in the HARBORS...
when those AGGY cops came they couldn't even HATE on us like they normally do because they felt the same way....Blake, Joey, Lou jumpin on the fire truck (as Blake prolly aint even wake up in time to vote!) lol just playin my man voted...but then on Campus was even crazy...It was like for that one moment everybody was one one accord...I mean minus those who were salty....
I had to submit an absentee ballot so I was not fortunate enough to have the whole poll experience but now im like whatever my vote still counted cuz my dude is in the White House so I'm greeaat...[tangent] anyway....that morning of elections I had talked to Moms and she was telling me about how when after Pop-Pop voted he said he thought he'd never live to see this moment; voting for a black man. Being so blessed to have lived to see this, I was compelled to write this poem. I couldn't ask God to have let me experience this at a better moment in my life. At this point I am fully aware that ANYTHING is attainable....so He shows me through all these signs that my dreams & destinies will be fufilled just not on my time....[tangent] but a respectable one! Anyways this is the poem....
READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STOP LOOKING @ PIX everything aforementioned led up to this point...if they were the latest YSL or LOUIE u'd b reading to find where to get em...its worth it & plus guys we're all grown here lets keep it funky READING'S FUNDAMENTAL! as is dressing & singing.....[tangent] I'm out for PRESIDENT'S to represent ME.. but here it is...

"Live 2 See"

I never thought I'd live to see

Figments of imagination as black reciprocity

I never thought I'd live to see

The release of the shackles that have been binding me

I never thought I'd live to seeVictory on 4 November's eve…

Is he black?Is he this? Is he that?

The line so longBloodline too strong

Colored people's time is always considered late

Rosa grew impatient so she refused to wait

Frederick grew annoyed so he wrote to negate

Martin stood through Langston's dream deferred

Now dreams are reality leaving non believers perturb

He's seated at the right hand of the father, with the palm of the world in his hand

He's sitting in the seat on the leather of the oval office's black man

Race in terms of qualifications is so miniscule

Learning life's lessons does not require school

Malcolm believed by any means necessary

Now we believe in making means legendary

With hope built on nothing less

The more we gain is upon the best

With a concrete male figure in the first family

His image can fill the void where they may be

Change coming focusing primarily

Helping young black men to think and see

There's way more to life than orange suits and sweet tea

Treating our Nubian queens as black whores

What did Nefertiti, Isis and Cleopatra stand for?

Or she may be a Michelle opening the working door…

Marshall warmed the seat for Mr. Thomas

Powell endorses as if a prophet like Nostradamus…

Beyond the swindles and the hoax's

Swinging past media's juxtaposes…

We won't see any problems at the polls

CNN live to chuckle at how it unfolds

Believing in God's stories untold

Prayer supersedes the fight of the maverick

Planting the seed for a change to good in drastic

Reaping the outcomes for things fantastic

As we paint the wrong of Rev. Right

Just to steal the vote like a thief in the night

Forgetting the past forgetting the plight

Forgetting our tear's forgetting our fight

Forgetting the hydrant hose from the corners knee

Forgetting the Nueces on Willie Lynch's tree

"What a Wonderful World," plays on Louie's jukebox

As the bell chimes from the grandfather clock

Letting us know that it's time for eased pain

Giving us solace that ours is the change….

A new audacity of hope to see we can attain

All the things I thought I'd never live to see

Don't remain the same…..-DUKE LOBO


LOL but peep our Commander-In-Chief, President Barack Obama on SOUULLL TRAAAIIN back in the day...

0 comments: